From the glamour of the London’s Royal Albert Hall to playing on a staircase in a Spanish hotel, Neil Sheasby has had his share of peaks and troughs as the bass player in the acclaimed Midlands soul collective Stone Foundation. Bass Notes documents all the fun and the fear of a hard grafting touring band, which grows with each album. Bass Notes was written over the last decade and features over 120 shows written in diary form. Each entry is a window into the humour, love, a wistfulness and an honesty of Neil’s days in a splitter van, travelling with his band of brothers. Working with the likes of The Specials, Paul Weller, Graham Parker, and many other musical luminaries makes Bass Notes a compelling read. If anyone ever wondered what life is really like on the road in the modern era, then look no further than this book.
• First 300 copies hand signed and individually numbered by the author
• Features exclusive tour diary entries spanning dates from 2011 to 2022
• Previously unseen photographs
• First hand accounts of Stone Foundation’s collaborations and gigs with Paul Weller, Nolan Porter, Graham Parker, Dr Robert, The Specials and many more
• Foreword written by Specials bass player Sir Horace ‘Gentleman’ Panter
This is a pre order guaranteeing you a copy of this limited edition book – published September 2023
If you don’t see your country of residence listed in the drop down menu at checkout, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a specific shipping quote.
Please note: Deliveries outside the UK may be subject to import duties, local taxes and VAT that will be charged once the parcel reaches its destination country and must be paid by the recipient of the parcel along with any costs for customs clearance. These charges vary from country to country and unfortunately are beyond our control. We are informed that import duty is not payable on books entering North America at this time.